Program Description – The Database & Business Analyst Program is a comprehensive course designed to teach students the skills necessary to use Power BI to perform data analysis, become proficient in connecting to data sources and performing data transformations, modeling and visualizing data by using Microsoft Power BI Desktop, and configuring dashboards by using the Power BI service. Students will gain knowledge in implementing direct connectivity to Microsoft SQL Azure and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and implementing data analysis in Microsoft Excel. Graduates may find employment as BI professionals, data analysts, other employment opportunities may include:
- Business Intelligence Analysts gather business data through a number of ways, from mining a company’s computer data through software, looking at competitor data and industry trends to help develop a picture of where the company stands in the industry, where they can improve and where they can reduce costs.
- Database Analysts organize and make sense of collections of information in order to create functional database systems. They evaluate, design, review, and implement databases. They are also hired to maintain and update existing databases to better serve the needs of businesses
- High school diploma or GED certification. Interview with an approved school admissions counselor
- Submit documentation of Certiport Microsoft MTA Database Test (70% or higher) or
- Submit evidence of 12 months work experience in Information Technology Field – submit a resume with references.
CMC DBA – Students will learn introductory knowledge of and skills with databases, including relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server. Students will be familiar with core database concepts, create database objects, manipulate data, understand data storage and administer a database.
- Designing tables
- 3 – Implementing a relational database
- Data Manipulation Language (DML) statements (Transact-SQL)
CMC BUS-Students will learn how to connect to data sources and perform data transformations, modeling and visualizing data by using Microsoft Power BI Desktop, and configuring dashboards by using the Power BI service. Students will learn to implement direct connectivity to Microsoft SQL Azure and SQL Server Analysis Services and implement data analysis in Microsoft Excel.
CMC EXL –Students will learn how to use Microsoft Excel to perform data analysis. Student will be able to consume, transform, model, and visualize data in Excel. Students will learn how to configure and manipulate data in PowerPivot, PivotTables, and PivotCharts.
PROGRAM TRAINING COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
Students must complete each course with a final exam grade of 70% or more.
Students must pass a minimum of two of the following four industry exams Excel, Excel Expert,
MTA Database, Microsoft Power BI