CompTIA Linux+ validates the competencies required of an early career system administrator supporting Linux systems.
The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
In the new CompTIA Linux+, candidates are only required to pass one exam for certification. However, the new certification is no longer eligible for the LPI 2-for-1 offer.
- CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers.
- Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job.
- The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
CompTIA Linux+ Power by LPI will be available through October 1, 2019. CompTIA Linux+ covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking.
Why CompTIA Linux+, powered by LPI?
- Sets you apart from your competition
- Certified professionals earn more than uncertified peers
- The 3-for-1 certification deal
- Vendor-neutral and distribution-agnostic
Jobs that use CompTIA Linux+, powered by LPI
- Junior Linux administrator
- Junior network administrator
- Systems administrator
- Linux database administrator
- Web administrator
CompTIA regularly reviews its certifications to make sure they meet the needs of the IT industry. The new CompTIA Linux+ reflects changes in the core Linux technologies and processes used by systems administrators. It also includes the addition of commands that support IT developments such as IPv6 (e.g., netcat and ping6) and new boot processes (e.g., systemd). Changes also reflect updates made that provide for greater security (e.g., rsyslog).
|Two exams required:
LX0-103 and LX0-104
NOTE: Exams from different series cannot be combined. If you took LX0-101 before it retired, you MUST take LX0-102 to complete your certification. The same applies for the LX0-103 and LX0-104 series. The LX0-103 and LX0-104 series is an update to the LX0-101 and LX0-102 series.
|Number of questions
|60 questions per exam
|Type of questions
|Length of test
|A+, Network+ and at least 12 months of Linux administration experience
|500 (on a scale of 200-800)
|English. Coming soon: German, Portuguese (Brazilian), Traditional Chinese, Spanish
Earn Linux+, powered by LPI, and receive 3 industry-recognized certifications
By completing the CompTIA Linux+ powered by LPI certification, you can also automatically receive the LPI LPIC-1 and the SUSE Certified Linux Administrator (CLA) certifications. Earn three industry-recognized certifications for the cost, time, and effort of one!
- Obtain an LPI ID.
- Once you have passed both Linux+ exams, log into your CompTIA certification account, choose ‘Demographics’, then ‘Settings’. On the Settings page check the box to have your information forwarded to LPI, then click Submit
- Upon receipt of your LPIC-1 apply online for your SUSE CLA.
Please note that the “3-in-1” process is not reciprocal (i.e. you can’t do it the other way round) and is not available in Japan.