Get the right foundation!
This course is an intensive 3-day hands-on seminar that will provide you with everything you need to leave the camp as an ITIL Certified Technician. This course offers you a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® service lifecycle, including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
After passing the ITIL Foundation training and examination, you can expect to gain a general overview and basic understanding of ITIL.
This course will cover the following material:
Service Management as a Practice; Best-Practice Approaches and ITIL; Why is ITIL So Successful? Services, Customers, and Stakeholders; Understanding the Concepts of Service Management and IT; Understanding Processes and Functions; Introducing the Service Lifecycle
- Understanding Service Strategy; Understanding the Service Strategy Stage; Understanding Key Concepts of Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Processes; Understanding Service Portfolio Management; Understanding the Financial Management Process; Understanding the Business Relationship Management
- Understanding Service Design; Understanding the Purpose, Objective, and Scope for Service Design; Describing the Service; Four Key Elements of Service Design; Building the Service; Five Major Aspects of Service Design
- Service Level Management: Aligning IT with Business Requirements; The Purpose, Objectives, and Scope of Service Level Management; Capturing Service Level Requirements; Understanding the Service Level Agreement; Monitoring and Improving Service Delivery; Interfacing with Other Service Management Processes
- The Other Service Design Processes; Service Catalog Management; Availability Management; Information Security Management; Supplier Management; Capacity Management; It Service Continuity Management; Design Coordination
Service Design Roles; Roles and Responsibilities in Service Management; Designing Roles Using the RACI Model; Competence and Training
- Understanding Service Transition and the Change Management Processes; Understanding Service Transition; Introduction to the Change Management Process
- Service Transition Processes; Transition Planning and Support; Service Asset and Configuration Management; Knowledge Management; Release and Deployment Management
- Delivering the Service; The Service Operation Lifecycle Stage; Understanding the Purpose, Objectives, and Scope of Service Operation; Organizing for Service Operations
The Major Service Operation Processes; Incidents and Problems: Two Key Service Management Concepts; Problem Management; Interfaces
- The Other Service Operation Processes; Event Management; Request Fulfillment; Access Management
Understanding Continual Service Improvement; Achieving Continual Service Improvement; The Seven-Step Improvement Process
Prerequisite: Basic computer skills
Completion: 24 CLS
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.