CompTIA A+ 2019 is the foundation of your IT career
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. It is about much more than PC repair.
- Candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Technicians understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
Now Available – The New CompTIA A+
CompTIA is constantly reviewing and updating the items on our certification exams with major revisions every three years. The CompTIA A+ Core Series is the latest version with expanded content on growing parts of the IT support role including an expansion of baseline security topics and a different approach to defining competency in operational procedures.
Why CompTIA A+?
This industry-recognized certification is held by over 1,000,000 IT professionals. Moreover, it’s vendor neutral, which means the skills you develop here won’t be tied to a specific company or technology; keeping your horizons in IT broad and deep.
Jobs that use CompTIA A+
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician
- IT support technician
- IT support administrator
- IT support specialist
5 Reasons You Should Get CompTIA A+ Certified Today!
- You’ll Earn a Higher Salary: On average, A+-certified IT pros earn over $60,000 per year; this is according to the 2013 IT Skills and Salary Report by CompTIA authorized partner Global Knowledge.
- A+ is Globally Recognized: Earning your A+ certification gives you an internationally recognized credential. This means wherever your career takes you around the world, you’ll be able to boast holding a certification employers recognize.
- It Gives You a Competitive Edge: 91% of hiring managers value IT certification, giving you the competitive edge to land the job; this is according to the CompTIA Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification study.
- You’ll Get More Opportunities: Your future of fulfilling IT job opportunities starts with A+ certification; this is according to CompTIA’s 9th Annual Information Security Trends study. Labor estimates predict some technology fields will experience growth of over 20 percent by the year 2020.
- Your Skills Will be Universal: CompTIA A+ is a vendor neutral certification, which means that A+ certified professionals can proficiently work with an extensive variety of hardware.
In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, you must pass two exams: the 900 series- 901 & 902.
CompTIA A+ certifications issued in 2011 or later are valid for three years. You can keep your certification current through the Continuing Education Program.
||CompTIA A+ 901 and CompTIA A+ 902
CompTIA A+ JK0-901 and JK0-902 (for CompTIA Academy Partners Only)
|Number of Questions
||Maximum of 90
|Type of Questions
||Multiple choice and performance-based
|Length of Test
||CompTIA A+ 901: 675 (on a scale of 900)
CompTIA A+ 902: 700 (on a scale of 900)
||Six to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field
||English, Japanese, German, Thai, Spanish,
Simplified Chinese, French, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese